For my bridal shower (4 years ago!!?!), we had a wonderful spread of delicious foods. Of course, I was such a bundle of nerves, and I barely ate any of it. Thankfully, one of my shower gifts was recipes from each of the guests. This is one from my sister-in-law and Maid of Honor, Kathleen. I believe it was a recipe originally from my future sister-in-law’s family (Tim’s brother’s fiancee).
Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball!
This is another recipe that I haven’t made in ages, however it was a request from a friend for a surprise birthday party.
1 8oz package of cream cheese softened
1/2 cup butter softened (no substitutes)
1/4 tsp vanilla
1 cup confectioners sugar
1 tbs brown sugar
1 12oz bag of mini chocolate chips
chocolate Graham crackers
1. In a bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla until fluffy.
2. Gradually add sugars.
3. Stir in 3/4 cup chocolate chips.
4. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
5. Place mixture on a piece of plastic wrap and shape into a ball. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
6. Just before serving, roll the ball in the rest of the chocolate chips. Serve with Graham crackers.
The secret is beating it with the mixer until it is good and creamy. If it is not as stiff as you would like, you can add more confectioners sugar.
So, I forgot to take a picture of the cheese ball before it was served, but here it is after only a few minutes out. Can you tell it was a hit?
(insert a mental picture of me smiling very big)