This post was originally published on February 9, 2009:
I saw these adorable decorations on Style Me Pretty, and I just knew I had to try them. They’re called Message Marbles, and they look just as cute in real life as they do online. Here are my versions:
These were incredibly simple to do. Here are my directions:
- Open a word document and make rows of circles. For the small marble size, circles should have a circumference of 5/8″ (or 0.625 inches). For the large marble size, circles should be 1 and 1/4″ . You can make them a little bigger, and then when you cut them out, the outline is completely gone.
- Print the template on your home computer. You can actually use just regular copy paper.
- Use a scrapbooking circle cutter to cut out the circles.
- Using glue, dab a bit on the flat side of the marble.
- Press the decorative side of the marble to the glue on the flat side on the marble.
- Let dry.
- You can brush glue over top the dried paper, but it may make the marble appear cloudy.
I also got a bunch of neat decorative scrapbooking paper, and here are some others I made.
I have a bunch of other neat papers as well. If you would like for me to make these for you for your wedding, shower, or other event, leave a note in the comment section. I’d be happy to do it for you at cost.