Last week, I found this delicious-looking recipe on Pinterest: Pasta with Fresh Tomato Sauce. It was from MarthaStewart.com. You can find the original post here.
Doesn’t that look absolutely amazing?
Well, with the warm weather of summer and my ever-craving of pasta, I thought I needed to try this out!
Anyone that knows my style of cooking knows that I do not like to follow recipes. I tend to add more of my favorite ingredients and take away the ingredients that I don’t like. So here’s what I used:
– 5 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
– 3-4 teaspoons of freshly chopped parsley
– 3-4 teaspoons of freshly chopped basil
– 1 clove of freshly pressed garlic (gotta love that Pampered Chef garlic press)
– About 1 cup of chopped tomatoes (with some of the juice and seeds)
– 1.5 handfuls of pine nuts (get them in bulk from Costco)
In a saucepan, heat the EVOO and add the herbs and garlic. Let that simmer and smell up the whole house. Then, add in the chopped tomatoes, adding in the juice if needed. Let the sauce just simmer and mix together. Add in the pine nuts towards the end.
We then made the spaghetti and poured the light sauce over the pasta. It was such a light, fresh meal. The great thing about using all fresh ingredients is that you can mix and add your favorites. This would be amazing with some fresh broccoli as well. I can’t wait to have it again.
I was so hungry by the time it was dinner-time, that I forgot to take a picture until halfway through dinner. Please excuse the fact that the picture is not staged to perfection!