Oh my. Well, it has been way too long since this blog has been updated. I am going to try to be better about it. So much has happened since May 2011. Let’s see if I can give a synopsis:
1. We have traveled up and down the east coast, from the Catskill Mountains of New York down to the murky waters of Lake Guntersville (Alabama).
2. We spent a long weekend in Cleveland.
3. We have logged many hours in Charlottesville and the DC area to visit family and dear friends.
4. I started my Thirty-One business. Check it out here: http://www.mythirtyone.com/dorydoyle/
5. I didn’t have to switch grades, and I am teaching 4th again this year!
6. We had both an earthquake and hurricane in 1 week.
7. We have done training galore with Lucy. She is a perfect, energetic angel (but she will do what we say instantly).
8. I entered the Henrico 21 contest (a county-wide contest for teachers and students on twenty-first century learning skills) for a catapult project in my class, and I am a finalist!
9. Tim got a new (used) car.
10. Lucy has gone everywhere with us (except Cleveland… I didn’t think she would have liked the plane). Did I say that she’s an angel? Because she is!
11. We have had 2 snow days this year! One was on a teacher work day (boo!), and another one is today! Boy, we needed this!
Whew! Quick synopsis over! I know that I missed several other biggies, but those are just some things we’ve been doing. I promise I will be better about updating.